1. What’s the difference between an “on rims” and “off rims” tire change?
“On Rims” tire changes are for tires already mounted on rims. This is also commonly known as a tire swap.
“Off Rims” tire changes are required when you have 2 sets of tires (summer and winter) but only 1 set of rims.
2. What’s the best way to book my at home tire change?
The most convenient way to schedule an at home tire change is from our Services page where you’ll find pricing and the ability to book online.
3. How long will my tire change take?
Our most popular tire change (Bronze – On Rims) takes about 30 minutes. Because our off rims tire changes require tire mounting and wheel balancing they will take longer.
4. I have more than 1 vehicle, do you offer multi-vehicle discounts?
Yes, each additional vehicle receives $10 off any of our mobile tire services when scheduled together.
5. What forms of payment do you accept?
We accept cash, Visa, and Mastercard.
1. What’s the best way to get a tire quote?
We have wide selection of summer, all-season, and winter tires available from the top manufactures. Because we have multiple tire distributors, we recommend that you request your tire quote online. This allows us to take the time and search our suppliers for the best tires to fit your budget.
2. Do you sell used tires?
No, we do not sell used tires.
3. When I buy tires, how soon can you come to my home and install them?
Once ordered, our mobile tire service can usually install your tires in as little as 1-2 days.
1. Should I have separate rims for my summer and winter tires?
Although not mandatory, we recommend that you do. In the long run you’ll save money on your seasonal tire changes and winter conditions can be hard on the finish of your summer alloy rims.
2. What is upsizing or downsizing?
In general terms, when upsizing or downsizing your rims the diameter difference is made up in the new tire’s sidewall height. For example, if you originally had 16 inch rims with a 4 inch sidewall tire you may be able upsize to an 17 inch rim with a 3.5 inch sidewall tire. The overall wheel diameter remains the same at 24 inches.
3. Do you recommend upsizing or downsizing rims and tires?
It depends. There can be advantages to either but ultimately it’s a personal choice. Upsizing is popular with summer wheels as it can improve the aesthetics of your vehicle without compromising performance. Downsizing is a common practise for winter rims and tires as it can save money while improving the tires ability to “cut” through deep snow. If you’d like to know more on upsizing and downsizing and whether or not it’s right for your vehicle, please contact us.
1. What are the advantages of using your tire repair service?
There are many. By bringing our tire shop to you we can fix or replace your flat tire on the spot. Our goal is to have you back safely on the road as soon as possible. If you call a tow truck to get to your local tire shop it’s neither convenient nor economical.
2. How fast can you repair my tire?
It depends. Most tires can be repaired in 30 minutes or less from our mobile tire service arriving on site.
3. What if my tire can’t be repaired?
Unfortunately not all tires can be repaired but you still have options. In most cases if a tire can’t be repaired, we’ll either install your spare tire and/or replace the tire with a new one.